[CLUE-Talk] Re: [CLUE-Tech] <OT> gmail again

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Tue Sep 7 14:33:24 MDT 2004

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 14:13:20 -0600
Jeff Cann <j.cann at isuma.org> wrote:

> Unfortunately, only client MUAs such as Kmail allow for easy encryption
> of messages.  Services like gmail, yahoo, hotmail are even less secure
> because your mail always remains out of your control and none of them
> have features to encrypt.

1) create file containing message
2) encrypt/sign file
3) send encrypted file as an attachment
  a) I assume the services provide for attachments
  b) if not, then UUencode the encrypted file
     and paste the output into your web interface
4) send
5) recipient decrypts file

Yeah, it's a bit more hassle, but do-able.

jed
--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/