[clue-talk] New PIM for Linux found...

Kevin Cullis kevincu at orci.com
Sat Apr 2 13:47:58 MST 2005

Matt,

Your thoughts are well founded and I agree with most of them, but my
email was more of letting others know of the Linux version of it that I
was not aware of until today. Currently I'm on the hunt for Outlook
alternatives and other software that are open source or commercial, free
or low cost, and cross platform for small business owners. Whether I
like it becomes personal preference and at the moment I don't have the
time for reviewing the product.  But someone  on the list might be
interested enough in it to try it out. Once I've found a list of the
alternatives, then maybe I'll go in for the kill (of getting rid of
Outlook) and move on. I prefer to find gems of some quality rather than
diamonds in the rough.

Matt Gushee wrote:
> Kevin Cullis wrote:
>
>> That's fine, as a busines person I look for solutions that get the job
>> done whether they cost something or not, even though I prefer OSS. But
>> if OSS doesn't get the job done, then commercial it is.
>
> I guess you can call me jaded. I *love* trying out new software, but
> this thing just doesn't look all that great. It sounds like you think
> it's cool, so why don't you try it out and tell us your impressions?

I don't look at looking great at first, but is it functional.  Too often
looking great makes things less functional and I want to get things done.

Kevin