[clue-talk] Prqctical distribution

skipworthy skipworthy at realivetech.com
Fri Apr 15 22:33:31 MDT 2005

Walter Hildebrandt wrote:

> Suse 9.2 is installed on my computer.  I have been unable to get help
> to setup my Internet connection.  This is the first thing I tried to
> do with the computer.  Not being able to get help for the Internet
> setup makes Suse impractical for me.  Is there any distribution of
> Linux that is practical for a new users?

Suse is about as practical and easy as they come, frankly.  9.2
coorectly detected and configured  the ethernet port on all the machines
I put it on, as well as the pcmcia gadgets I wanted to work with my
laptop, *and* an mmc adapter. I didn't try the modem setup, but YAST
looks to me like the place to start for sure, not to mention the COPIOUS
documentation Suse provides.

just me two cents