[clue-talk] Prqctical distribution

Peter H. drumvudu at mindspring.com
Sat Apr 16 15:34:12 MDT 2005

Walter Hildebrandt <hildy at netbeam.net> wrote:
> I did the following and aborted at the end. Were the choices I made the
> correct ones? If what was done is correct, do I choose Yes or No?
>

>     Connect to Netbeam
>
> Chameleon > System > YaST (The “Run as root – KDE su” window appears) >
> root1 (The YaST Control Center @ linux” window appears) > Network
> services > Mail transfer agent (The computer quickly did some sort of
> setup and then the “General Setup” window appeared) > Connection type =
> Permanent > outgoing mail server = SMTP.netbeam.net (The “Incomeing
> Mail” window appears) > Server = mail.netbeam.net >Protocal = POP3 >
> Remote users name = hildy > Password = (actual password) > Local user =
> Walter > Clicked Details button, got message “to be able to deliver mail
> to your local MTA the value of POSTFIX_LOCALDOMAINS in
> /etc/sysconfig/postfix will be set to
> “\myhostname.localhost\$mydomain\$mydomain” Asked to choose Yes or No >
> Abort

Walter, are you trying to setup mail or an internet connection? If you are
trying to setup internet, then we need more info such as:
Is this a dial up or dsl account or what?
What kind of modem are you using if dialup?
If you have dsl, what provider is it?
What you have above doesn't help much but aborting a process certainly disn't
"get you anywhere" If you will post some more specific info, I will try to
help you. As has already been stated, SuSE is usually very easy to get
started with net connections...///P

--
Peter H.
GPG Key ID: 0xCB8F40BD