[clue-talk] mpd & phpmp

Dave Price kinaole at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 08:33:09 MDT 2005

Greetings,

If you have not already tried it, I would highly recommend that you
look into these two audio tools - mpd, music player daemon, and phpmp,
a slick web front end for controlling mpd.  There are a host of other
clients on their web page too

http://www.musicpd.org/

I have been looking for a nice convenient tool to control my 'musi
server' for a while, and this combo fills most of my wish list nicely
- even play flac and ogg formats out of the box.

A package for mpd is available in debian testng, along with support
for most other distros.

phpmp sets up easily on an apache server with php support.

aloha (and enjoy),
dave

- have a lot of fun -