[clue-talk] Acronym of the day: CADT

Matt Gushee matt at gushee.net
Tue Dec 13 17:13:54 MST 2005

This is not new, but it was new to me, and maybe to some of you. It came
up on the Tokyo LUG list, so I tracked it down on the Web:

  http://www.jwz.org/doc/cadt.html

Well, I found it amusing.

For those who haven't heard of this guy, Jamie Zawinski (sometimes known
by his initials JWZ) was the lead developer of (pre-Mozilla) Netscape
Mail/News, and before that one of the principal developers of XEmacs.
Later he played a leading role in the open-sourcing of Netscape, but
later quit in a huff around the time Netscape was sold to AOL. He's also
long been skeptical about the merits of open source development in
general, but given his large technical contributions, I guess he's got a
right to complain.

--
Matt Gushee
The Reluctant Geek: http://matt.gushee.net/rg/