[clue-talk] Acronym of the day: CADT

David Rudder david.rudder at reliableresponse.net
Tue Dec 13 17:37:33 MST 2005

I've always thought JWZ to be a bit over the top.  CADT, for example.
He paints all of FOSS with the same brush. But, there are plenty of
counter examples.  Linux, Apache, PostgreSQL, Nagios.  Even ones where
there are long-outstanding bugs, like GNU C++, the number and severity
are less than their commercial counterparts.  Heck, compare Gnome (the
project he was ranting about in this article).  I'd argue it's bug-fix
rate is higher than either Windows or Mac, and has as few rewrites from
scratch.

Funny that he's been the curmudgeon of FOSS since the mid 1990's, yet he
obviously uses Gnome.  And has for years.

-Dave