[clue-talk] computer shops in Denver

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 09:29:00 MST 2005

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 07:29:51 -0800 (PST), William <bkimball1 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Monty Lilburn wrote:
>
> > In my experience Linux users always know where the good
> > local low-cost/quality establishments are!

I think most of the best deals are online.  You could shop online and
have it shipped to your hotel.  I use http://froogle.google.com and
http://www.tigerdirect.com for most of my hardware purchases.

> I don't know, but I'd like to get in on the answer as I am looking to replace some old computer
> hardware.  Specifically, I need to replace a damaged Intel Pentium III 600 MHz CPU (an overheating
> problem seems to have caused core damage).  I've stopped at a couple places already, but the
> answer has been, "We don't accept old computer trade-ins, so we don't have any."

How about http://www.actionpc.com/  They have two Denver area stores
and seem very likely to have what you are looking for.  They sell used
machines and have always been very knowledgable and helpful to me.

Greg