[clue-talk] Mac OS X instead of Linux?

Kevin Cullis kevincu at orci.com
Sun Jul 24 12:42:37 MDT 2005

Of you can see here for more UNIX history:

http://www.levenez.com/unix/

Of the people I've talked with some are moving, as I have, to the ease
of which Mac "just works" compared with Windows or Linux (I've heard
around 10-20% of Linux/UNIX/Windows users are switching to Mac, even
DEFCON hackers from a guy who attends the conference each year). I use
all three and I'm surprised that GNOME and KDE are moving to a simplier
way much like the Mac has done. But, the one thing that Linux has taught
me is the CLI which I never thought I'd enjoy it as much as I do.

Just this week I showed a guy who downloads text files from computers
and finds overpayments within the text files. I showed him how using the
  text commands under Mac OS X and Linux could make a much better use of
his computer than a Windows one.

I find computers to be like tools, while all are really close, most have
  strengths and weaknesses that I couldn't just use one. ;-)

Kevin