[clue-talk] Linux for the Disabled

Kevin Cullis kevincu at orci.com
Sun Jul 24 21:04:47 MDT 2005

Hi all,

Just read in the Sunday paper today in the Parade section about John
Hockenberry's experience with his disabilities. One thing he stated is
that Disability employment is around 70%! Then I went to this site:

http://www.techsoup.org/stock/

more details here:

http://www.techsoup.org/stock/Category.asp?catalog_name=TechSoupMain&category_name=Software&Page=1

and see only Microsoft as THE major donator of software with only a few
Linux entries. I just installed Ubutu Linux and saw Assitive Technology
stuff in the menus but wondered if there are any other Linux people that
have worked on or with this? Not that I need it, but just wanted to know
what others have seen in the Denver area. I also found this site:

http://www.crcamerica.org/index.htm

for the state of Colorado.

Any thoughts?

Kevin