[clue-talk] Graphical challenge

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Wed Mar 16 15:16:45 MST 2005

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 12:12:44 -0500
Angelo Bertolli wrote:

> What do you call those graphical challenges that websites use to prevent
>
> automated programs from abusing the system?  I want to create one on
> sf.net but I wanted to make sure there aren't already a lot of open
> source implementations out there.

In the vernacular, some call them a "Turing Test", but the accepted name
for technique is "CAPTCHA". There's tons of stuff on the web about it.

So, you work for SourceForge, or do you just have a project site hosted
there?

jed
--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/
Key fingerprint = B027 FEFB 4281 CC72 67D1  4237 F2D0 D356 077A A30E