[clue-talk] [ANN] Bantam: a lightweight file manager for X11

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier xonker at gmail.com
Mon May 2 10:19:27 MDT 2005

Matt Gushee wrote:

> [*] Well, I guess that one is a real African word, but I still say its
>     usage by a British software company is pretentious.

The distro was founded by Mark Shuttleworth's company Canonical.
Shuttleworth was born in Africa, so it's probably not so pretentious as
you suggest.

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier <xonker at gmail.com>

"Liberty's too precious a thing to be buried in books... Men
should hold it up in front of them every single day of their lives
and say: I'm free to think and to speak. My ancestors couldn't, I
can, and my children will. Boys ought to grow up remembering that."
"Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" -- James Stewart