[clue-talk] Introducing myself

Rita Gibson rgibson57 at earthlink.net
Fri May 13 07:01:17 MDT 2005

Corey Cox wrote:

>Hi, I just attended the meeting yesterday and I didn't have a chance
>to introduce myself to most of you.  I'm a long time linux enthusiast
>(about 7 years) and I have been running linux off and on for about 4
>years.  I recently decided that I would like to be a little more
>involved in the community so I thought I'd look in on you guys.  The
>meeting was interesting and I learned som encouraging things - so
>you'll likely be seeing more of me.  Specific interests of mine are
>participating in install-fests, certification study, Open Source in
>schools and anything dealing with automation (homes, machines and
>robots) on Linux.  I'm also a small time computer consultant in Castle
>Rock working almost exclusively in a Windows environment right now -
>although I'm working on it.  If you have any info on my interests I'd
>love to hear about them.  Well, I've taken up enough of your time I
>suppose - just wanted to say Hi!
>
>Corey Cox.

I work at a local school running almost entirely linux. We are using the
package created by the k12ltsp.org project. Over the summer we will be
upgrading to the latest and greatest stable k12ltsp, and we will be
making a few changes in our network configuration. Gosh, I need to
check, but I think this is our fifth school year running k12ltsp -- can
that be?

There is still a great need for open source educational software -- it
is difficult to find mainstream curriculum using open source, teachers
always come in with ideas for windows software wanting to run it on our
network.

Rita Gibson