[clue-talk] restructuring a CVS repository

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Tue May 31 12:33:19 MDT 2005

On 5/31/05, Angelo Bertolli <angelo at freeshell.org> wrote:
> Can anyone give me any advice on restructuring a CVS repository.  For
> example, in one case I want to move a directory branch up one level.  In
> another case I want to wipe out a repository and write over it.  I heard
> that this kind of stuff gets weird in CVS, so I was wondering if anyone
> has any comments....

I believe that you achieve a "move" in CVS as a delete and an add.

If you are thinking of restructuring a lot of stuff in CVS, you may
want to restructure yourself on over to subversion which manages moves
as such and keeps directory structures under CM rather than just files
in a directory.

Regards,
Greg