[clue-talk] Looking for printer solution

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Fri Apr 28 11:34:39 MDT 2006

On 04-28 12:10, erik at ezolan.com wrote:

> > Okay, I'm convinced. Anyone have any suggestions on models? Besides the
> > above one, of course. Someone made a remark about $50 laser printers?
>
> I haven't seen a 50$ laser printer since Christmas. It was with rebate.
> Now you can get a cheap laser for about 100$
>
> You're going to have to narrow things down for us. Your #1 goal is a laser
> printer with linux compatibility.
>
> Does it have to be color? (B&W is cheaper)
> Manual or automatic duplexing?
> Internal paper tray? (Some models have the paper hanging out, letting dust
> into the machine.)

I'm actually very flexible on these, and that's part of the problem, I guess
- duplex would be good, with color being the second in the "nice to have".
  Neither are requirements if I can find a very cheap (sub $100) laser
printer. I'm fishing about for what others are using and maybe I'll branch
out from there to see what's what. The one model linked doesn't look too
bad, actually, if a little pricey.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
http://sean-leblanc.blogspot.com/
Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing
to attempt.
-William Shakespeare, "Measure for Measure"