[clue-talk] Hello CLUE

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 09:45:06 MDT 2006

On 8/6/06, Michael Fierro <biffster at gmail.com> wrote:
> > T. Joseph Carter wrote:
>
> > > The trouble with it really seems to be that they figure everyone is coming
> > > from Littleton and wants to go downtown.
>
> I see it as a network. They coulda chosen to do a ring-style network,
> combining all of the outlaying stations together, or a star network.
> They chose a star topology, with the Broadway station being the hub. I
> reckon that sorta makes sense, though it definitely makes it harder
> for those of us who live out near (or past) one of the outlying
> stations (Mineral Station is closest to me).

Just a word to the wise. If you're opposed to transportation by
automobile for religious or ecological or Luddite or whatever reasons,
you're in the wrong city. The Denver metro area is too spread out for
sensible public transit ever to be economically feasible beyond the
core city area. Even if you live in an area with good service and work
downtown (I did that for a few years), you have to sacrifice too much
of your life riding (or more likely standing) transit. No stopping off
to do a half dozen errands or a CLUE meeting on the way home.

--
Collins Richey