[clue-talk] Hello CLUE

Matt Gushee matt at gushee.net
Sun Aug 6 11:28:48 MDT 2006

Collins Richey wrote:

> Just a word to the wise. If you're opposed to transportation by
> automobile for religious or ecological or Luddite or whatever reasons,
> you're in the wrong city. The Denver metro area is too spread out for
> sensible public transit ever to be economically feasible beyond the
> core city area.

Kinda what I was saying ... though what's economically feasible may
change a bit as gas prices continue to rise, as they inevitably will.

> Even if you live in an area with good service and work
> downtown (I did that for a few years), you have to sacrifice too much
> of your life riding (or more likely standing) transit.  No stopping off
 > to do a half dozen errands or a CLUE meeting on the way home.

That's one way of looking at it. On the other hand, you can read a book
or work on a laptop while riding a public conveyance. When you're
driving you can't do a damn thing except listen to the radio. So which
is the greater sacrifice?

BTW, I've almost never had to stand on the light rail. Of course, since
I am not a bonafide member of society I seldom have cause to ride at
rush hour.

--
Matt Gushee
: Bantam - lightweight file manager : matt.gushee.net/software/bantam/ :