[clue-talk] Hello CLUE || rail transit, public benefit

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Wed Aug 9 02:16:07 MDT 2006

On Aug 9, 2006, at 1:51 AM, bill ehlert wrote:

> **  i have read a few things in  "the
>     papers"  in  "recent months"  about
>     fairly dense multi-use developments
>     going up near light rail stations.
>
>     (nope, don't ask for specifics!  the
>     old gates rubber buildings is the
>     only one i recall. )
>
>     perhaps the sitation will get better.

My wife and I have been tempted to leave the 'burbs for one of these
more "urban" settings... right now we have a large dog, and without
the proper setup, it wouldn't really be good for us not to have a
decent sized yard...

But you're right... a number of these types of construction are going
up around the area.  There are days a Downtown job, a LoDo condo, and
a Vespa scooter sure sounds good.  :-)

Of course, then there's my Ham Radio hobby -- really difficult to put
up any kind of serious antenna structure in the Urban Jungle... so
the complete opposite would be to move waaaaay out East, figure out
how to work from home, and start my antenna farm... they reproduce at
a highly accelerated rate when not crowded by city lots and
buildings!  :-)

Farm?  Yep... I grow antenna towers.  And you?  Think they'd give me
a tax break for farming the land that way?  LOL!

--
Nate Duehr
nate at natetech.com