[clue-talk] Updating the ol Website

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Wed Aug 16 08:54:07 MDT 2006

erik at ezolan.com wrote:
> ...companies that can afford to hire fulltime people to implement features
> and insure that it stays up and running? ;-)

Exactly - so won't it just be so amazing when you have the features done
already.

> This is the main reason I'm shy about using something like Drupal. I was
> looking at the "Top 10 ways a Developer can send a Drupal project to Hell"

That's a developer - you'll just be installing and tweaking, not
"developing".

> Well, I am trying to update the design of the site. Although you guys have
> been great at suggesting ways to improve the functionality of the place,
> that's not really what I was asking for. :-(  And the reason I haven't
> given out the URL is that it's a porn site, something I'm not comfortable
> in giving.

Well design and functionality are certainly linked - and my advice is
that by updating the platform you'd get valid XHTML and CSS examples
"for free".  I'm not sure how to give general advice on design.
Probably most people who live in CLI-linux land dislike "design"
discussions.

> Sigh. A co-worker just loaned me a CSS book he's been going though. When I
> asked him if it was any good, he just laughed.

I just read and search the w3schools stuff.  Oh, and use Firebug and/or
the Web Developer toolbar in Firefox.  They make your CSS life MUCH MUCH
better.

Regards,
Greg

--
Greg Knaddison | Growing Venture Solutions
Denver, CO | http://growingventuresolutions.com