[clue-talk] - - - anybody know anything about these guys . . . ?

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier xonker at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 23:03:05 MDT 2006

On 8/26/06, Collins Richey <crichey at gmail.com> wrote:

> OTOH, the next release of the Ubuntu line will be available later this
> year. I presume that in turn will be an LTS release.

The next Ubuntu release is scheduled for October. The one after that,
April, the one after that, October, etc. The June release this time
around was an oddity because they were going for additional polish for
the LTS release.

The next few releases will not be long term support -- they'll be more
experimental, not necessarily unstable, but they're going to be going
for adding features rather than long term stability and support. Look
for the next LTS somewhere in the 18 to 24 month timeframe.

Best,

Zonker
--
Joe "Zonker" Brockmeier