[clue-talk] Project Management: Extreme Incrementalism

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 07:28:45 MST 2006

On 12/16/06, Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com> wrote:

> On Dec 15, 2006, at 6:59 PM, Jed S. Baer wrote:
>

> I think I just thought up a term for these iterative coding schemes
> that are so popular these days.
>
> Since they're basically "fire and forget" systems, I think we could
> start a new one called the UDP development methodology.

I'm not too familiar with the incremental approach, but the
prototyping method I'm more familiar with is definitely not "fire and
forget". It's "provide minimal content quickly (perhaps with and
interpretive language ," "user test," "refine based on results (using
whatever final language is appropriate)", and, hopefully, "release a
higher quality product that meets the user requirements".

--
Collins Richey