[clue-talk] Booch at DJUG

Matt Gushee matt at gushee.net
Wed Feb 1 17:30:13 MST 2006

Sean LeBlanc wrote:
> On 02-01 15:57, Matt Gushee wrote:
>> Sean LeBlanc wrote:
>>> Just wanted to let folks on here know that Booch is coming to DJUG next
>>> week:
>> Would that be Grady Booch, the high priest of OO methodology?
>
> Yup, that'd be the one. I left off his first name...yikes. He really looms
> that large that he could really just go by one name, like Madonna, Beck,
> Sting... :)

He's certainly that large within the Java world. I'm not sure he's quite
that well known to us unwashed masses.

> I've seen him speak before at DJUG...if you have the vaguest interest at all
> in software development, it'd be worth it. He was a very good speaker, and
> as introduced by the DJUG prez, the closest thing that the software world
> has to a rock star.

Well, as CLUE's token FP[*] fanatic, I guess I'd better go just so I can
heckle him.

Heh--just kidding. Though I'm not sold on OO as the solution to all
problems, I still find many interesting ideas emanating from the OO/Java
community.

--
Matt Gushee
The Reluctant Geek: http://matt.gushee.net/rg/