[clue-talk] Booch at DJUG

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Wed Feb 1 21:12:16 MST 2006

On 02-01 17:30, Matt Gushee wrote:

> He's certainly that large within the Java world. I'm not sure he's quite
> that well known to us unwashed masses.

LOL. Unwashed masses...depends on where you come from. Java folks are
"unwashed masses" to some groups. Paul Graham comes to mind as someone that
might have that view. :)

Before UML, we had to choose a diagramming style - Rumbaugh, Booch (forget
the other options) in a software engineering class I had. That was pre-Java.
I think it might be possible he's even more revered in the C++ and Smalltalk
camps.

> Heh--just kidding. Though I'm not sold on OO as the solution to all
> problems, I still find many interesting ideas emanating from the OO/Java
> community.

I'm with you...I think anything sold as the solution to all problems gets
too close to the hammer/nail thing...

Cheers,

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
http://sean-leblanc.blogspot.com/
To be trusted is a greater compliment then to be loved.
-G. McDonald