[clue-talk] FW: [NCLUG] ANN: CLUE InstallFest, 18 Feb

Sun Feb 12 14:53:58 MST 2006

You might want to check out the terminal server built into KNOPPIX.  I have used KNOPPIX
to do exactly what you've asked.  Basically, I turned my laptop into a terminal server
capable of booting PXE clients.  My particular instance was a buggered Windows
ultra-light laptop with no functioning removable media drives.  I was able to PXE boot
it with a Knoppix TS, and save the data.

On Thu, 9 Feb 2006 23:26:38 -0700, Siegfried Heintze wrote
> Will there be anyone attending who can help me understand how to configure a
> boot server and configure a machine to do a network boot? Can an old
> notebook with 38GB available disk space be configured to be a boot server?
>
> Would there be anyone there that would know how to load open source firmware
> on the $100 linksys NAS controller?
>
> Thanks,
> Siegfried

David L. Willson