[clue-talk] The reason MS is winning against Linux?

Joe "Zonker" Brockmeier xonker at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 10:08:56 MST 2006

On 1/10/06, Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com> wrote:
> It's even more dangerous nowadays where all "leaders" are smart enough
> to write in golden-parachute clauses in their contracts.

And the board is dumb/corrupt enough to approve those contracts...

> Lead a company *badly* but not quite badly enough to completely destroy
> it for an average of 3 years, and you're almost *guaranteed* a
> multi-million dollar payoff if you're playing at that level.  Just to
> get you to go away.  Something's wrong with that.

Indeed. Very wrong. Still, how do I get one of those jobs? I'd like to
retire before I'm 40, and I'm pretty sure I could do a better job than
most of these hacks... and if not, hey! I'd be rich anyway.

Best,

Zonker
--
Joe "Zonker" Brockmeier