[clue-talk] The reason MS is winning against Linux?

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 19:55:25 MST 2006

On 1/11/06, bill ehlert <ehlert_b at yahoo.com> wrote:

> **  perhaps because windows nt (the one i still  run)  is quick and easy to install, while the
> various linux distros i've tried to install always leave me scratching my head and wondering
> "geez, what  the heck do i do  NOW ??" .

Way OT in this thread, so start a new thread if you want to pursue it.
Have you tried [K]ubuntu? It doesn't get much easier than this.

Back OnT. One of the big problems with Linux on the Desktop, is that
windows (due to licensing agreements) can offer working media players,
etc., etc. out of the box whereas Linux cannot redistribute all the
pieces, so a lot of post installation (mostly manual effort) work is
required to offer the equivalent features. Also, sigh, if the people
at GIMP would just get their heads on straight and produce something
as easy to use as PhotoShop ...

--
Collins Richey
      Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code ... If you write