[clue-talk] The reason MS is winning against Linux?

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Thu Jan 12 11:01:24 MST 2006

Angelo Bertolli wrote:

> It's interesting how it's always the "second best" in technology that
> gains the market share.  USB or Firewire?  Well USB was cheaper and not
> as fast.  But it did the job, and being cheaper went further.  So now
> USB is on top, and getting faster.

Speaking of weird standards...

Anyone else find their use of ExpressCard/34 interesting, instead of PCMCIA?

That one kinda bummed me out.  I want to use a Verizon high-speed
cellular card eventually on the next laptop, and can't do it on the MacBook.

Maybe it's time to buy a nice refurbed PowerPC 15" and wait out the chaos...

Nate