[clue-talk] Linux auto-install DB and other stuff

Kevin Cullis kevincu at viawest.net
Sun Jan 22 22:42:53 MST 2006

Rex,

If you look at OSes as vehicles such as cars, SUVs, and trucks you can
get a pretty good idea as to how to view Windows, Mac, and Linux.

Windows does great as a car, get's you from here to there but with not
much "power" to get things done, Mac is the SUV, it travels great (i.e.
great UI, etc) and can do some serious work for you, while Linix is the
true dump/18 wheeler/pick up truck for the user. It's not pretty but
it's got power to get things done.

The one thing I will say is that Linux allows you access to everything
under to hood while Mac less so and Windows very little if any at all.

Since I run all three at home I find strengths in each as well as
weaknesses.

HTH.

Kevin