[clue-talk] Another Dead MacBook... (Sigh)...

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Thu Jul 13 23:06:42 MDT 2006

Man I have NO luck with Apple hardware.  It just doesn't like me, I guess.

I'm pretty sure my rants and raves (and some very nice words from Kevin
Cullis helping calm me down about various customer service issues) about
the MacBook and the MacBook replacement were here on CLUE-Talk, but I
don't honestly remember.  It seems like where I would have talked about
it and Kevin's here (I've saved many posts from him).

Maybe it was originally on SAGE.  I dunno... too many mailing lists, no
more brain cells left for storing memories of where various discussions
took place!  (GRIN)

My happiness about the 2nd MacBook, and running everything but the
kitchen sink under Parallels (including XP and various flavors of Linux)
was really a joy the last couple of months.

But ... here we go again... I just posted this to my website:

http://www.natetech.com/?p=215

He's dead Jim.  You get his tri-corder, I'll get his wallet.

The "censored" person I'm sending to in the message on the website is
Kevin.  I tossed him that same note that's posted there in e-mail.

I didn't figure he'd want his name up in lights on the website without
his permission, but amongst the group here, Kevin was great when I kinda
"lost it" the first time around after a really bad customer service
experience.  He sent a lot of private messages and took way more time
than should have been necessary with me to explain what he thought was
going on at the time, and was professional about it -- which of course,
guilted me into having a similar response.  (GRIN)

Apple really should give that man a raise and a pat on the back.  (Feel
free to tell your managers so, Kevin... I'll vouch for ya!)  He's an
asset to their company.

Anyway -- we'll see how this goes... poor MacBook.  Or maybe just poor
me... but I'm back on the trusty IBM T43 and wow, non-wide-screen looks
"weird" after working on a wide-screen laptop for a few months!

It was the other way around when I first got the MB... interesting how
your brain/eyes adjust and get used to having that extra horizonal
"space" on the screen.

Nate (the terminally unlucky MacBook owner)