[clue-talk] Linux Desktop reliable ?

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Mon Jul 31 19:20:23 MDT 2006

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 18:04:37 -0700 (PDT)
rex evans wrote:

> I was aware that Linux had lost
> ground for desktop popularity,
> but recent posts (subject:Hello)
> cast doubt on the reliability
> for desktops.
>
> It gets worse for a user who
> prefers a laptop as the desktop.
>
> Are there reliable distros?
> Is this only a problem related
> to Debian and derivatives?

Define "reliable".

Will reliably install on {your hardware}?

Won't crash?

I've found Fedora Core to be utterly reliable. No crashes. No problems?
Well, KDE has some screensaver bugs, and I hate what they've done to their
menus. One of these days I'm going to get ambitious and get Fvwm set up
again. But I can't say that KDE problems are a reliability problem with
any particular distro.

jed
--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/