[clue-talk] PC cards for sale

erik at ezolan.com erik at ezolan.com
Mon Mar 13 09:45:15 MST 2006

I've got three cards I'd like to offer to you guys before putting them up
on Craigslist or Ebay...

HD-3000 - 120$
A HD PVR card focused on the Linux market. I was going to build a home
theater Linux PC, but I ended up with a Comcast HD-PVR. Recommended by
MythTV. You should be able to plug an antenna into it and pick up stations
that broadcast in HD. It also can decode regular TV.
http://www.pchdtv.com/

Hauppauge PVR 500 MCE - 100$
A dual tuner card. Great for a Windows or Linux based HTPC. The dual
tuners allow you to watch and record two separate channels. Or record two
separate channels simultaneously. Even though it says MCE, it will work
under XP. And MythTV likes it.
http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/products/data_pvr500mce.html

Promise Fasttrack SX150 w 256MB of cache- 150$
A 4 port SATA RAID card that does RAID 5 which I bought to work under
Linux. Unfortunately their Linux support was misleading, and their drivers
will only work under Red Hat 9 and SUSE 9. I like to tinker with my Linux
box too much and this became unwieldy, I ended up replacing this with a
NAT. Of course, there's nothing wrong in using this card under Windows.

http://www.promise.com/support/download/download2_eng.asp?productId=112&category=all&os=100&go=GO

Go ahead and email me directly if you want to buy. If you've got a
question, post it here.

ErikZ
erik at ezolan.com