[clue-talk] Linksys router

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Mon Nov 6 12:08:30 MST 2006

dperkins at frii.com wrote:
> A few months ago there was some talk about Linux-based Linksys routers.  I
> found the WRT54GL and WRTSL54GS run Linux.  Has anyone tried both of
> these?  Is one better than the other?

Haven't tried those specifically, but the various flavors of Linux will
run now on some of the "non-Linux" router versions after they went to
version-5 and switched to vxWorks, or so I've seen on the Net.

I have a WRT54GS (no "L".. that came later when they switched to
vxWorks, they created the "Linux" version of the router for us geeks
that like to play with them).  It's is an older model that runs DD-WRT
just fine, worked first attempt, and has been flawless (and much more
useful than Linksys' original firmware).

Nate