[clue-talk] FOR SALE: Sharp Notevision 6 projector and ceiling mount

Brian Gibson bwg1974 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 7 12:50:16 MDT 2006

Being technically minded and presumably gadget slaves,
I thought I'd offer this to you folks before offering
it to the general public.  Could you imagine seeing a
command line prompt larger than your head?  You could
stand in front and pretend you're giving a keynote
speech. :)

--------------------------------------

Asking $2000 but if the offer is fair I'll consider
it.

Since moving out of my apartment I no longer have a
suitable room to install the projector---no basement
and the living room has vaulted ceilings.  Plus never
having a DTV source, I've been unable to take full
advantage of the capabilities of the projector---DVD
via S-Video.  I replaced the lamp and so it only has
27 hours on it.  I bought it used with 795 hours and
the lamp lasted well over the rated 2000.

Features:

2200 Lumens (bright enough for daytime viewing;
consider getting a low gain screen)

4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios

EDTV/HDTV---supports 480p, 720p and 1080i

1024 x 768 (XGA) native resolution but will support up
to 1600 x 1200 (UXGA)

Connections for RCA composite video, S-Video, BNC, and
15-pin D-Sub (mmmm large screen computer gaming)

Up to 300" (25 feet) diagonal image (great for that
drive-in experience)

Includes remote, computer cable, power cable, and
metal-bracketed, ceiling mount manufactured by Sharp
specifically for this model. ($300+ value)

Boxed and ready-to-go.  Will deliver in the metro
area.

Is there anything wrong with the projector?

I wish the contrast was better.  1:250 is sufficient
except for the darkest of movies.  This won't detract
from your enjoyment, though.

There is an always blue pixel in the lower right
quadrant that is not noticeable in most viewing
conditions.

Also the lens cap was missing when I purchased it.
This shouldn't be an issue unless you're regularly
transporting it around.

For more details about the projector, download the
manual.

http://www.sharpusa.com/files/pro_man_XGNV6XUenglish.pdf

If you need user comments, checkout the following.  I
concur with all their opinions.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/Sharp_PG_Series-Notevision6_(XG-NV6XU)-user-reviews.htm