[clue-talk] Totally converted to Kubuntu Edgy

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 17:39:26 MDT 2006

On 9/28/06, erik at ezolan.com <erik at ezolan.com> wrote:

> When from DCHP to static IP. It's connected on the network and does fine,
> (I can ssh in) but for some reason it keeps on forgetting the gateway
> address.

I don'treally understand that. In what respect are you having problems
with thegateway address? I've had a few problemswith Debian Etch and
Ubuntu and dhcp, but not after recentupdates.

> It seems that we're forced to use sudo for everything. Joy. I just love
> having that extra step of typing in the root password when I'm already
> frustrated and trying to get something to work.

A common complaint. I have no probelm typing 'sudo su -' then my
password. That's a total of 5 extrac characters to get to a root
console. If you can't handle that, then fine.

> Decided to try getting VNC to work instead, This is my headless Linux box
> after all. Followed the instructions here:
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=122402 now I seem to be stuck on
> a font error.

Can't help with VNC.

> Ah well. From playing around with it, it's a great desktop OS. Too bad
> they crushed all the Linux out of it.

What in blazesdoes that mean? Where is Linux missing?

--
Collins Richey