[clue-talk] Totally converted to Kubuntu Edgy

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Thu Sep 28 19:39:10 MDT 2006

erik at ezolan.com wrote:
> sigh.
>
> When from DCHP to static IP. It's connected on the network and does fine,
> (I can ssh in) but for some reason it keeps on forgetting the gateway
> address.

So the gateway doesn't appear in ifconfig?  If you mean it isn't able to
resolve DNS names, just stick your gateway address in /etc/resolv.conf

> It seems that we're forced to use sudo for everything. Joy. I just love
> having that extra step of typing in the root password when I'm already
> frustrated and trying to get something to work.

How is /etc/sudoers set up?  Just
%sudo ALL=(ALL) ALL
works for me as part of the sudo group you don't traditionally need a
password.  Also, if it sets a default environment towards the top, you
can just delete that line if you don't care about people needing
passwords for sudo.