[clue-talk] fsck Xen?

Gary Threlkeld gthrelk at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 08:33:57 MDT 2007

Watch out!  Maybe MS is sneaking in the back door.  If they acquire Citrix
(see link below), maybe running Xen on a Linux box with Citrix guests will
allow users to "stay up" and be redirected to another Windoz box while the
first Windoz box reboots!

>From Eweek:
 Citrix Customers Greet XenSource Acquisition with Appreciation but Little
Support
Everybody understands the reasons Citrix acquired XenSource this week for
$500 million, but a lot of existing Citrix customers seem committed to
waiting for free virtualization from Microsoft. In fact, the XenSource
acquisition rekindled speculation about if and when Microsoft may acquire
Citrix or whether the deal will allow Microsoft to embrace virtualization by
proxy. As for the impact on rival VMware, the general consensus is that
Citrix will put XenSource in a much better competitive position with a
VMware that has money to burn on research and development. In the meantime,
XenSource is ready to roll out version four of its offering.

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,2171434,00.asp?kc=EWWHNEMNL081607EOAD