[clue-talk] Comcast Business - pretty good short term offer

Dan Poler dpoler at redhat.com
Mon Aug 20 09:04:48 MDT 2007

This is a pretty sweet deal - Normal price for 8m/1m is $160/mo when I
looked about two weeks ago. Shoot me the referral information off-list,
if you don't mind -- I may get this for home...

I had a nice chat with a Comcast guy over the weekend about FTTH/FTTP (I
used to be in the industry, FWIW). He said they're not going to do it
until they see what happens to Verizon from a business standpoint.
Verizon has incurred a metric ton of debt in putting all that fiber out
there; he made it sound like their hope is to let them take on the debt
and eventually buy the networks from them, or something similar. Given
the billions Comcast invested in getting to hybrid fiber-coax in the
90's, I doubt they'd invest billions now to get the last mile to fiber.

I've only lived out here for a year and a half, but it seems Qwest is
the last to do ANYTHING. :)

dap