No subject

Thu Dec 20 20:53:45 MST 2007

Over the past several years, the Honeynet Project has been collecting
and archiving information on blackhat activity. We have attempted, to
the best of our ability, to log and capture every probe, attack, and
exploit made against our Honeynet. This raw data has the potential for
great value. We decided to share this data with the security community
and demonstrate its value. We will focus on two areas. First, we intend
to demonstrate how aggressive the blackhat community can be. Regardless
of who you are, you are not safe. Our goal is to make you aware of this
threat. Second, to test the concept of Early Warning and Prediction. By
identifying trends and methods, it may be possible to predict an attack
and react, days before it happens. We test this theory using the data
the Honeynet Project has collected.

The article is at

	http://project.honeynet.org/papers/stats/