No subject

Thu Dec 20 20:53:45 MST 2007

 + http://oggasm.sourceforge.net/

Whether this is a good/bad thing for audio quality depends, I suppose, on
your definition of audio quality, and the quality of your mp3s.

The unanswered question, AFAICT, is whether this is in any way enforceable
against [en|de]coders using algorithms other than Fraunhofer. LAME
doesn't.

I don't intend to spend any time at all re-ripping the CDs I've already
done. I note the lack of commentary on the LAME page (
http://www.mp3dev.org/mp3/ ) about this. Don't suppose anyone is on their
developer mailing list?

jed

--
We're frogs who are getting boiled in a pot full of single-character
morphemes, and we don't notice. - Larry Wall; Perl6, Apocalypse 5