No subject

Thu Dec 20 20:53:45 MST 2007

conference.  They hold conferences around the USA and the Denver version is
October 22-23, 10 am - 4 pm each day at the Denver Convention Center.
Additional information is available at:
http://events.goitec.com/overview/default.asp?ec=DEN02

ITEC's Denver Event Manager send me an email asking for Linux representation
at this event.  I volunteered a 1 hour presentation that will cover basic
Linux concepts such as: who, what, why, how, etc.  In addition, we discussed
some other ideas, such as:

1.  LUG booth - We would hold a booth on the show floor.  Not sure if we would
receive the floor space complimentary or not.

2.  LUG meeting - An informal way to talk to folks about Linux and CLUE.  We
could hand out LUG informational flyers that have information about CLUE and
Linux.

3. LUG seminar - A more focused panel discussion and opportunity to discuss
some aspect of Linux in more detail.  Probably an hour or two time slot.

Kaleb Ramsay, the Denver event coordinator really wants Linux representatives
at this conference.  Our goal is to showcase Linux and to forward the CLUE
goals of advocacy and education.

I have personally never been to an IT event where the admission is 'free for
IT professionals'.  Given that it is a 'free' event, expect a lot of
advertising and marketing of products, etc.

I would like to call for discussion on whether CLUE would like to have a group
presence at the event.  I need to get back to Kaleb early next week with our
decision.  Please post your comments back to the list.  If you are able to
volunteer and attend as a CLUEbie representative, please let me know directly
at president at clue.denver.co.us.

Thanks!
Jeff