[clue-talk] iPhone Madness

Brian Gibson bwg1974 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 2 19:18:45 MDT 2007

Same reason there's the Walkman phone or the Cybershot phone or the N95 Video/Internet phone.  It's called convergence.  A jack-of-all trades but a master of none.  It's for those people who don't want to be overloaded with devices.  Unfortunately the iPhone camera is pretty piss-poor according to a hands-on review.

The future will be interesting to see which wireless platform will win out---the wearable computer (AKA secret decoder ring or the Smart shoe!!) or the hand-held comm device (mmmm Tricorder).  Though I expect the wearable computer will most likely be more like the Star Trek broach---voice activated interface to some personal supercomputer and/or to some amorphous super world-net.    Though I would also add, given the latest advances in augmented reality technology, that such a device will also be paired with a camera and some optic device.