[clue-talk] iPhone Madness

dennisjperkins at comcast.net dennisjperkins at comcast.net
Tue Jul 3 07:25:21 MDT 2007

> The idea behind the open source phone [TuxPhone]is interesting, but I have
> to say that the pictures don't seem too enticing...but I applaud them
> anyway.
>
> http://www.opencellphone.org/index.php?title=Main_Page
>
> --

Free and open, but definitely a step backwards in size and appearance.  If possible, they should scrap the buttons and use a touch screen.  I program touch-screen HMI (human-machine interface) displays as part of our systems, and it's great to be able to put buttons anywhere you want and not be constrained by physical buttons.  Just be careful to have a well thought-out interface or people will hate it.

I know one person who hates the iPhone.  He claims that it would be hard to call someone while dialing.