[clue-talk] Residential, Linux-friendly VOIP service?

David Rudder david.rudder at reliableresponse.net
Sat Jul 7 07:40:45 MDT 2007

I know that was a joke, but there's some truth to it. Asterisk is a
great system, and it'd be nice to help Sean sell his card.

But, I'm not looking for VoIP, particularly. I'm looking for decent
telephone service. Qwest isn't able to provide decent service. I use
them in my office and they've been nothing but hassles. So, VoIP is my
only option, right?

I've decided to try allo.com. I'm still struggling to get the soft phone
(ekiga) working, but it appears to use normal SIP. The phone quality has
been good, as far as I've been able to tell, and they send the ATA for
free. The support has been excellent.

-Dave