[clue-talk] Re: [clue-tech] Web ticket software

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Tue Jul 24 11:37:30 MDT 2007

Greg Knaddison - GVS wrote:
> On 7/24/07, Adrian Noland <anoland at indigente.net> wrote:
>> On 7/24/07, Angelo Bertolli <angelo at freeshell.org> wrote:
>> > I wanted to try setting up a ticketing system at work to help
>> manage our
>> > tasks.  Either different projects would have a task queue, or even
>> > individual people can have a queue for things they need to finish.
>> > Right now it's just an idea, but I was wondering if anyone knows of
>> > software that does this.
>> >
>> > Angelo
>> >

>> Eventum from MySQL
>> Mantis as well.
>>

> There are literally hundreds of these types of applications not
> counting the "build your own within a framework like Drupal/Horde"
> kinds of options.
>
> Angelo, if you just want a list then you should search.  E.g. here is
> a review of 34 options I found in 30 seconds of searching
> http://www.opensourcetesting.org/bugdb.php
>
> If you want feedback about specific systems for a specific purpose
> your original question is going to have to be more detailed.

Yes, well, I guess I didn't think about using a bug tracking system.
Conceptually I guess it's the same thing, but I was hoping for a simpler
interface since it's not going to be used for coding.  For example, I
don't need fields for build, etc. or so many different levels of
status.  Two (open and closed) or maybe three (open, read, closed) would
be good for just assigning tasks to people.

Thanks for the link, I'll take a look at the list.

Angelo