[clue-talk] LOL... the flamefest begins... to LUG or not to LUG...

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Tue Jul 24 13:08:45 MDT 2007

On 07-24 12:48, Nate Duehr wrote:
> http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/07/23/1357259

I've wondered the same thing a few times. I have to admit I've been to very
few meetings in the past few years. Maybe it's because the OS itself is only
so interesting (especially now that things like Ubuntu make it so easy to
install), and people aren't sure where the line between "Linux" and
something offtopic is? It could also be that I haven't really done admin
full time - it's only one of the "hats" I've worn when I've been at smaller
shops.

I think Linus himself said something about OS'es in general fading into the
background.

Still, it's nice to show up and talk with fellow nerds for a while...

Back to Slashdot, I had to laugh at this comment. Variation on a constant
theme at Slashdot:

"No, as stated by Netcraft, only BSD User Groups are dying."

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
http://sean-leblanc.blogspot.com/
Digital circuits are made from analog parts.
-Don Vonada