[clue-talk] LOL... the flamefest begins... to LUG or not to LUG...

Brian Gibson bwg1974 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 25 00:45:10 MDT 2007

Perhaps if LUGs were more hands-on or project-oriented, it would help boost attendance.  Show and tell is good, especially for those that are new, so they can see it's not all that scary (anymore).  It blew my mind when I walked in on a dormmate of mine in college in the middle of recompiling his kernel.  I had this whole "You can do that?" expression.  And of course it's a lot easier now to get help online.  The internet has really made one semi-self-sufficient when it comes to figuring out how to do things.  That's why the social aspect of the LUGs is welcomed.