[clue-talk] LOL... the flamefest begins... to LUG or not to LUG...

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 19:43:51 MDT 2007

On 7/25/07, Michael Fierro <miguelito at biffster.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 01:08:45PM -0600, Sean LeBlanc wrote:
>
> > I've wondered the same thing a few times. I have to admit I've been to very
> > few meetings in the past few years. Maybe it's because the OS itself is only
>
> I haven't made many, either, but that's mainly due to scheduling. I tend not
> to be free on Tuesday nights, and the North meeting is far too far North for
> me.
>
> Maybe we should look at a different night for meetings? Or for having virtual
> CLUE meetings? The local Ubuntu group has IRC meetups, which isn't a bad
> idea. Though I do prefer to actually meet in the physical world. :)

There is no "good night" for meetings. All of us have other commitments.

My general impression is that most of the CLUE list members don't have
the same socialization needs as I do. I can manage to commit one night
a month to CLUE and to the adult beverage / food / conversation fests
after the meeting. It's important to me and to the handful of others
who turn up regularly. Also, I'm just not geeky enough that I would
fail to get lots of good information from the presentations.

I have to agree, though, about the North meetings. Way too far afield
for me. As David Wilson can attest, I grumble and groan about going as
far as downtown, thus missing out on some wonderful presentations at
the Linux FUN meetings.

--
Collins Richey