[clue-talk] national ID card

Michael Fierro miguelito at biffster.org
Fri Jun 29 11:23:07 MDT 2007

On Fri, Jun 29, 2007 at 11:12:53AM -0500, erik at ezolan.com wrote:

> > It's simply inevitable that should you choose to live on the grid that
> > there will be a time when a national ID will become commonplace or
> > technology will make the need for one moot.  Hopefully the government of
> > that not too distant future won't be totalitarian.
>
> This is my idea on the matter. Technology marches on and there will be a
> unified database out there, with you in it. Either the government can
> start the process, or it will take over the process after the businesses
> build it.

You are probably right... but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't continue to
fight against such a thing happening. We may not be able to avoid the
inevitability of a unified database, but we can continue to delay it, and
make it as cost-prohibitive as possible.

As much as I like Google, I am starting to fear that they will be the biggest
threat. I wrote about that in my latest entry on my blog:

   http://apt-get.us

Michael Fierro                                  miguelito at biffster.org
Y! Messenger: miguelito_fierro                           AIM: mfierro1
http://biffster.org                           http://weightjournal.com
--
"But you ain't got no legs, Lt. Dan"
   - Forrest Gump