[clue-talk] GNU Linux Open Source; Examples of Rules

rex evans rexfordevans at yahoo.com
Wed May 23 14:56:20 MDT 2007

David,

Thanks for posting that link about Microsoft throwing
its weight around, patents, and Open Source etc.

Aside from the Microsoft issues, I would like to read
some simple examples of GNU and other OS licenses.
(Until now, I had not been aware that there were
 different flavors of Open Source licenses.)

Specifically, for GNU, I assumed that if I enhanced
a GNU licensed program, the enhancement was under
GNU license also. What if I write an API that is bound
in? Is this a gray area?

Any links which have examples would be appreciated.

Rex