[clue-talk] OLPC project: give one, get one

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Thu Nov 15 13:29:41 MST 2007

On 11-14 18:29, David L. Willson wrote:
> We have all heard about OLPC. Now go get and give.
>
> http://www.laptopgiving.org/en/index.php

Saw that announced on Boing Boing...woo-hoo! I think I will order one
sometime soon. That's a pretty good idea - if you want one, you have to buy
one for someone else, too.

Speaking of cool MIT projects, I was reading Good magazine during lunch, and
they made mention of the MIT D-lab project. Pretty cool - they try to come
up with cheap ways of doing low-tech stuff for developing countries:

http://web.mit.edu/d-lab/

I think that Worldchanging book may have made mention of this, too, but I
can't remember.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
http://sean-leblanc.blogspot.com/
Skepticism, like chastity, should not be relinquished too readily.
-George Santayana
(contributed by Chris Johnston)